Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Welcome Back, My Friends!

Welcome back, my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
                     -- From Emerson, Lake and Palmer's Karn Evil 9

Yup, it's true.  We're breathing new life into an old blog with the resurrection of ORCLville.

When I closed down ORCLville last year, it was over concerns regarding conflicts of interest over my employment with Oracle while serving as an impartial source of information.  Admittedly, that conflict still exists.

I also stepped away because I'm no longer a big fan of long form text.  Terse messages and visual presentations are more my speed these days.

So why am I bringing ORCLville back?  Because there are so many stories going untold: stories that involve Oracle Cloud products and the delivery of the services that go with those products.  In one way or another, I witness many Cloud challenges and victories every day.  And this seems like the best way to share and discuss those experiences...which, in turn, does us all a bit of good as we continue on this Cloud journey.

So we're up and running again, effective immediately.  Some disclaimers to share so you'll all be away and so I can sleep at night:

1.  I'm an Oracle employee.   And I love my job.  So don't look for any criticism or sharing of information that might mess up my gig.
2.  I also own Oracle stock.  It's a key component of my long-term savings program, so I'd like to see it do well.  It's not likely you'll see much here that might cause the stock to sink long-term.
3.  Items 1 & 2 above notwithstanding, the thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and no-one else's.  I'm also the final decision maker in terms of what we explore here - not Oracle, but me.
4.  I'm hoping we don't have a monologue, but a two-way conversation.  Your comments matter.  So comment early and often.

So we're back.   It's been tough being gone, so I'm really happy to be back again with the show that never ends!

1 comment:

John Faucher said...

It is truly a great day! Thanks for bringing the show back on-line. I'm sure I speak for many when I say, "We missed you man".